It’s the first time I’ve even opened my wordpress blog since I can’t remember when. Probably the first time since I’ve been in Georgia. I also checked out the loop tonight and once again it’s a different format. I see public messages are back and that’s kind of funny. Wish I knew who left me comments in 09/10 because apparently the user that left them was blocked from runner’s world.
I was bored so I guess that’s why I ventured back here. Greg was assigned to guard duty for 24 hours as of 8 am this morning. Something about guarding ammunition with a rifle and I said “ok, I’ll see you tomorrow morning”. Lol it’d be too easy for him to have an affair.
I’ve reverted back to using smartcoach to train for a 10K in March. I used active’s C25K app on my phone to get back in a regular rhythm because GA running had been so sporadic (nearly non-existent).
2013 Running Goals:
- run at least one organized race per month
- run 2 marathons (one trail and one road)
- run 50K (trail)
- run half-marathon (trail) 24 hours after said 50K
- run 40 miler
- make Greg run all these races with me
- run far not fast
2014 Running Goals:
- run fast
- run faster than Greg again
2013 Completed Races
- Polar Bear 5K (road) Marietta, GA 01/26 28:56 9:20 pace 303/998
2013 Planned Races
- Sidney Lanier Bridge 5K (road) Brunswick, GA 02/16
- Fallen Heroes of Georgia 10K (road) Buford, GA 03/16
- Chesty Puller Challenge 13.1 mile (trail) Ft. Benning 04/06
- Allatoona Creek Trail Run 8 mile (trail – duh it’s in the race name) Acworth, GA 04/13
- TBD Something in May
- Indiana Celina Challenge 26.2 (trail) Lake Celina, IN 06/08
- TBD Something in July
- TBD Something in August
- TBD Something in September
- West Virginia Trilogy 50K (trail) 10/11
- West Virginia Trilogy 50 Mile (trail) 10/12 (Greg only)
- West Virginia Trilogy 13.1 (trail) 10/13
- Soldier Marathon (road) Ft Benning 11/9
- Pine Mountain 40 miler (trail) Pine Mt, GA 12/8
Wow. I had forgotten how sometimes just a simple act like writing could become self-motivating. Cool. Must be why I started doing this in the first place.